US citizens should contact their members of Congress and let them know what issues are important to them.
- Send your Senator a letter or fill out a web form: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
- Write your Representative: http://www.house.gov/representatives/
- Want to contact someone else? Here are more ways to connect with your elected officials: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
There are several useful resources on how to write your letters, including these ones:
What to say?
Read some of our recent Commentaries published in Vertiflite on our Advocacy page or what AHS is saying in the media about important vertical flight technology issues. Pick an issue that strikes a chord:
- Let your representatives know that vertical flight research and development is vitally important to the future capabilities of military and civil rotorcraft.
- Tell them to support Joint Multi-Role (JMR)/Future Vertical Lift (FVL), which are developing a strategy to advance the state-of-the-art of next generation rotorcraft.
- Ask them if they agree with recent deep cuts to NASA Rotary Wing and National Rotorcraft Technology Center (NRTC) science and technology investments, which will hobble future technological capabilities.
- Do they find the huge numbers of lost military rotorcraft and Americans in the past decade acceptable or should the U.S. military invest in next generation technologies?
- Urge them to join the Congressional Army Aviation Caucus, if not already a member.
Learn more about our Advocacy issues!