For Immediate Release
(703) 684-6777 x107
AHS International Announces New Board Members
Alexandria, Virginia, April 24, 2014 — AHS International Chair of the Board John Garrison, President and CEO of Bell Helicopter Textron, today announced the results of the general elections for the AHS Board of Directors.
- Ed Birtwell, General Manager and VP of Turboshaft Engines, GE Aviation (previously the President of the Board) is the incoming Chair of the Board of AHS International
- Mick Maurer, President & CEO, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., (previously the Secretary/Treasurer of the Board) is the incoming President
- Leanne Caret, CFO/VP Finance, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, is the incoming Secretary/Treasurer
- Dr. David Peters, Professor & Director of Graduate Studies and the McDonnell Douglas Professor of Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri has been selected as the AHS International Technical Director
- Americas Regional Vice President: Andrew Sayer, Bell Helicopter Canada (re-elected)
- Americas Regional Director: Somen Chowdhury, Consultant (re-elected)
- U.S. Mideast Regional Vice President: Dr. Stanley Orr, The Boeing Company (re-elected)
- U.S. Mideast Regional Director: Patrick Donnelly, The Boeing Company
- U.S. Southeast Regional Vice President: Dan Wolfe, Universal Solutions
- U.S. Southeast Regional Director: Michael Deitchman, Dept. of the Navy (Ret.)
- U.S. Southwest Regional Vice President: Tom Wood, Bell Helicopter Textron
- U.S. Southwest Regional Director: Michael Shaw, Bell Helicopter Textron (re-elected)
- U.S. Western Regional Vice President: Dr. Ram D. JanakiRam, The Boeing Company
- U.S. Western Regional Director: Dr. Colin Theodore, NASA Ames Research Center
AHS International was founded in 1943 as the American Helicopter Society. Today, AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society – has 6,500 members in more than 40 countries and is the world’s leading technical society dedicated to the advancement of vertical flight technology and its applications. Information on our current Board of Directors is available on the Society’s website at www.vtol.org/board.
This press release is also available as a pdf.
AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society
217 N. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
phone: 1-703-684-6777; toll free: 1-855-AHS-INTL; fax: 1-703-739-9279
firstname.lastname@example.org; web site: www.vtol.org