AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society – is the world's only international technical society for engineers, scientists and others working on vertical flight technology. We bring together industry, academia and governments to tackle the toughest challenges in vertical flight. Since 1943, we have led technology, safety, advocacy and other initiatives, and have been the primary forum for interchange of information on vertical flight technology. Learn more!
- We are the global resource for information on vertical flight technology. Our highly acclaimed magazine, Vertiflite, brings our members in-depth insight into the latest technology developments. Our peer-reviewed technical publication, The Journal of the American Helicopter Society, is the world’s only vertical flight technical journal. The AHS Online Store hosts nearly 10,000 downloadable PDF papers, articles and other products.
- The AHS Annual Forum and other technical meetings are the world's leading events to learn, share and network with like-minded professionals. Members can also participate in local AHS chapter events, or band together for other professional development activities.
- We are the leaders of advocacy for vertical flight technology -- AHS International works to affect change to advance the state of the art of vertical flight technology and create recognition of the benefits of vertical flight.
- AHS works to help excite and train the next generation of vertical flight engineers and leaders by providing scholarships, student design competitions, micro air vehicle student challenges and many other educational outreach initiatives.
- Membership also provides opportunities to exchange ideas, access to Members Only features on our website, discounts to our products and the opportunity to be recognized as part of our prestigious awards programs. Find out more about the Benefits of Membership!