The AHS Education Committee's purpose is to recommend policy, plan, promote and coordinate activities and serve as a focal point for educational matters of interest to the Society including secondary, higher and continuing education.
Responsibilities and duties of the committee include:
- Providing educational materials, speakers and other resources to enhance and support educational activities.
- Establishing and coordinating mechanisms for recognizing outstanding educational efforts relating to vertical lift.
- Providing a source of information on academic programs offering rotary-wing courses or programs.
- Establishing and coordinating national student activities.
- Providing a source of career information including opportunities for permanent, co-op and summer employment.
- Promoting educational and research information and personnel exchanges between industry, government and academia.
- Establishing permanent ad-hoc subcommittees as needed to accomplish specific tasks related to the educational needs of the profession.